As community theaters and schools begin planning for new seasons and productions, may we remind you that NBYT has collected quite a lot of stuff (to be general) in our nine years of producing theater?
If you’re looking for an unusual costume or set piece—especially if it’s from a show we’ve produced—contact our Costume and Props Coordinator Rae Johnson at email@example.com or Executive Director Darren Farrington at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 860-515-8115.
Some new additions to our collection are a parrot head umbrella, chimney sweepers, a trick hatstand (to pull from Mary’s bag), and costumes (including Mary and Bert’s Jolly Holiday change) from Mary Poppins. Our last season has also given us a large slop trough and a wooden sign that says “Zuckerman’s Famous Pig”—we think you can guess what that’s from!
Some other items in our stock include:
- Peasant and orphan costumes for children
- Princess, knight, and period costumes for children
- Matching shirts and accessories for elves, Oompa Loompas, or other ensembles
- Animal costumes and hats
- Trunks and treasure chests
- A spinning wheel (for Sleeping Beauty or Rumpelstiltskin)
- A vintage-looking wheelchair (for Annie or The Secret Garden)
- Tables, desks, and chairs
- Portable staging, lighting, and sound systems
- Flats and platforms
- Free-standing doors and windows
Looking for something else that you can’t find or just don’t want to buy? Check with us first!