Save the date on March 16 to join NBYT in celebrating its Ninth Birthday! We’re planning nine events between 9 a.m. and 9 p.m., and you’re invited to join us!
We’ll begin in the morning with an open house and open classes during our regular Stage Play, Stage Performance, and Improv times. In the afternoon, we’ll hold special classes and workshops in Family Improv, Tiny Tots Theater Playtime, Set Decoration and Design, and Puppetry with guest artists from Elmwood Productions. At night we’ll have not one but two parties—a “Get Us Home!” Kick-off Party (with performances and the announcement of our 10th anniversary 2019-20 season) at 7 p.m. and an Open Mic Party at 8 p.m.! Along with fun and entertainment, we’ll have raffles, birthday cupcakes, and other snacks and drinks!
Schedule of Events
- 9:00 a.m. Open House and open Stage Play class at 9:30-10:30 a.m. (ages 5-9)*
- 10:40 – 11:40 a.m. – Open Stage Performance class (ages 9-14)*
- 11:50 a.m. – 12:50 p.m. – Open Improv class (ages 10-16)*
- 1:00 – 1:45 p.m. – Family Improv (all ages welcome)*
- 2:00 – 2:45 p.m. – Tiny Tots Theater Playgroup (ages 3-4 with parent or caregiver)*
- 3:00 – 3:45 p.m. – Set Decoration and Design (ages 5-18)*
- 4:00 – 4:45 p.m. – Puppetry with Jon Bristol of Elmwood Productions (ages 5-18)*
- 7:00 p.m. “Get Us Home” Kick-Off Party
- 8:00 p.m. Open Mic
Registration is encouraged for starred events. Everything all day is free! Donations will be accepted, and all proceeds will benefit the NBYT “Get Us Home” Fund to help NBYT find, pay for, renovate, and move to a new space.
Do you want to perform at open mic? Email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or just talk to us at a rehearsal or class to let us know what you’d like to do. All kinds of acts are encouraged—and kids and parents, students and staff all are welcome to perform!