Beginning this spring, NBYT is offering internships for ages 16 and up to assist on productions and in educational programs. Internships may include one to two-weeks working on technical production for a performance, up to four-weeks working on the summer production (this year The Lion King Jr), or longer opportunities in educational programs. We’ll continue to use interns in productions and classes beginning in the fall.
Interns may assist with warm-ups, instruction, rehearsals, and other activities; may assist with set design, building, or painting, with costume and/or prop making and coordination, or with load-ins and load-outs; may assist with sound, lights, and technical production; and/or may assist Directors, Stage Managers, Teaching Artists, and other adult staff in supervising younger program participants.
All interns must be reliable, punctual, and responsible for their own transportation. Stipends paid will vary depending upon the time commitment involved. Interns will also gain valuable experience in theater and leadership, and—because NBYT is a nonprofit organization—may be able to receive credit from schools or other organizations requiring community service hours. Training and career guidance is also offered, and interns may receive academic credit when allowed by schools.
To apply, please contact Executive and Artistic Director Darren Farrington by email at email@example.com. The initial contact should include:
- Contact information as well as school and grade level or education level
- Period of interest (summer, spring or fall classes, or a specific production)
- Areas of interest (if any, such as theater education, technical theater, design, directing, stage management, or general production)
- Experience in theater
- Experience, if any, working with or supervising children ages 5 through 14
- Expectations of the internship and career goals
A resume may be included, but is not required.