This is the first blog post written by Corina Lopes, Marketing and Development Assistant at NBYT. Parents and participants are welcome to contribute photos or blog posts about their experience with NBYT too.
Spring has finally decided to visit us in CT, and with the weather warming up so are we! The month of May is going to be sprinkled with fun adventures and tasty treats for you, your friends, and family to enjoy.
The best part: You get to celebrate Spring AND bring in funds and recognition to the best youth theater in CT (a.k.a. NBYT).
Are you in? Okay. Here’s all you have to do:
- Mark your calendars for Saturday, May 9 and Thursday, May 28.
- Tell all your friends to mark their calendars, too.
- On May 9, visit FroYo World in New Britain (across from CCSU campus) between the hours of 12 noon and 11:00 PM. Mention “New Britain Youth Theater” at the register and 20% of your order’s total will be donated to us. That’s a pretty sweet deal!
- Food and Fun will be the order of the day on May 28, as NBYT takes over Blue Back Square in West Hartford! (Okay. So maybe “take over” is a slight exaggeration.) But join us at Barnes and Noble for an all-day event filled with kids’ story readings, improv performances by our teen troupe SquishyTown Assylum, musical performances, and a special bedtime event complete with two bedtime stories and a craft-time. We’ll also have stickers to wear, and mention or present the NBYT flier at the register (cafe counts, too) and 10 – 15% of your order will be donated to us!
- The fiesta continues at Moe’s Mexican Grill in Blue Back Square, on May 28 from 5 – 8 PM! After applauding a performance and picking up that perfect read for your special graduate, your dad, or even yourself at Barnes and Noble, take a stroll around the corner and treat yourself to a tasty meal. Again, mention “New Britain Youth Theater” and a percentage of the order will be donated.
- Tell all your friends to come out and join us for the fun!
We can’t wait to kick-off the Spring with food, friends, and fun. Help us continue to bring quality productions to children and their families in central CT by coming out and supporting us. Can’t wait to see you!