Production and Design Workshops for ages 12 through 18 will resume in May on Thursday evenings at 6:00 p.m.
The workshops are a way to learn more about all of the elements that go into getting a show on stage. We’ll answer questions like:
- How does a production team analyze a script?
- How do designers use color, pattern and style to create a mood, time, and place?
- How does a make-up artist create different character looks and special effects?
- How does a producer bring it all together and estimate how much the show will cost?
Although design, production and technical theater are must-know subjects for anyone interested in directing, producing and work behind-the-scenes, a little knowledge also gives actors an edge whether they’re working with community theaters or going on to professional careers on stage.
All cast and crew in Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland and Comic Shorts can attend for free, but should still pre-register by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Cost for others for the remaining four-week series is only $20 when prepaid—five bucks for each class! Individual workshops may also be taken at $10 for a single class.
Here is the schedule of weekly topics:
- Set Design — May 2
- Costume Design — May 9
- Make-up Design and Effects — May 16
- Producing, Directing and Bringing It All Together — May 23